blocking transitions upon specific field checking

Yael Dvorin December 11, 2019

Hey,

I created a new field: "Needs product review?" (which is a checkbox, and you can choose YES whether it needs to be reviewed by the product after QA worked on it).

What I want to happen is once this field is TRUE (Needs product review), a few transitions will be blocked.

How do I do it?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Just add a Condition for that field on any Workflow transition where you want to prevent transition if not set. 

can you please walk me through how to do it?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

I would highly recommend familarizing yourself w/ workflows. here is a good place to start - workflows 

basically these are the steps: (pre-req you need to be an admin)

1. project settings > workflows
  2. click pencil to edit the workflow; use Diagram mode for the purpose of the following steps
  3. click the transition into the status where you want to have the condition and click on Conditions
  4. click add condition
  5. choose Value field
  6. choose the field and complete the form, save Note: if you have multiple transitions where you want this condition then be sure to repeat steps 3-6.
  7. publish the workflow saving a copy if desired.

Note: Conditions are used to prevent transitions unless certain preexisting conditions are met. Validators are used to force the conditions/actions (e.g. setting a field) during the transition.

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer