best way to "resolve" an issue with a workflow

John Pfotzer August 25, 2015

issue's are not "resolving". I have close on my workflow, but when a issue is closed it isn't resolved.

What is the best way to make this happen in a workflow,for example, when I move from the next to the last status to close it will mark the issue resolved?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Hi John,

Add Resolution Screen on Closed or Resolved Status or set postfunction in workflow to set Resolution when status is resolved or closed

Taha

Taha, I am in the postfunction area, what option do I choose? I am guessing "update issue field", but then what?

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Yes, select "Update issue field" and in issue field select "Resolution" Field value - Fixed or whatever is appropriate in your case Taha

0 votes

Thanks, I was able to go into postfunction of my workflow and set resolution to fixed. Now I can see my issues resolved.

thanks for your help.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2015

You asked this yesterday and got a full answer - see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/24656330

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2015

An issue is resolved when there is a value in the Resolution field. What you need to do is add a screen that contains the field Resolution in the transition to Closed, so that users can select the appropriate resolution (Fixed, Not a Bug etc.)

If you want to enforce a specific resolution, here's the doc:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA063/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-SettingtheResolutionfield

Suggest an answer