backup for my projects

Natalia Jaramillo May 28, 2013

Hello, i'm loving Jira and i would like to use it as my project management system from now on. I've got a quick question: In the future if i decide to move to another project management system or i just stop paying the monthly fee, will i be able to access all the data generated on your system during the time we used it?

It worries me that if i start using your system and in the future i don't need it anymore i will loose all the project information created here. So, will i be still able to access this information in the future even if i discontinue paying the monthly fee?

Thank you very much!

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Yes, you can get a data backup if you chose to close your account. There are multiple ways you can use that data, one of them being using it in a downloaded JIRA instance. That might involve one time licensing costs but there are other options as well.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2013

These days you can download your JIRA OnDemand backup data whenever you like, not just when closing your account (max. once every two days). See Exporting issues for more detail.

Suggest an answer