backlog page showing blank page

Vinay Patil February 24, 2020

I have created the Jira board. When trying to load the backlog page, it shows the blank page and there are strange javascript errors at the browser console. Here is the screenshot of the errors which I am getting.

Screenshot from 2020-02-24 23-53-12.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2020

Hello Vinay,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Sorry to see you are not being able to see the backlog view of your board. Please, perform the following steps to properly troubleshoot the issue:

1 - navigate to the board backlog > Click in the three dots icon at the top-right corner > Board settings > Columns

2 - Check if your issue statuses are properly mapped to your board columns. basically, a blank page is displayed when you have no status mapped to your board. We have a feature request open to provide a message about its cause:

Display a message when a board has no columns with a mapped status 

3 - Try to access the board using a different browser

4 - If you are using a next-gen board, try to navigate to your project settings > Features > Turn the backlog off and on again

If the steps above didn't help, please provide us the following information:

- Can you confirm if other users are also facing this behavior?

- Is the Active Sprints section also displaying the blank page?

Let us know if you have any questions and the results you got from the steps above.

DiceSilverio April 29, 2021

i have the same issue. Backlog and other Jira pages are blank too. normally i would need to refresh the page so content will appear but most of the time, even refreshing the page dont show the content.

Suggest an answer