backlog disappears. All but 4 issues remain

chris brown April 15, 2013

I logged on to my project and went to the Sprint Planning board I found that all of my stories in the backlog are gone but 4 issues. I don't have any filters on that I know of. Please help.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes, somehow the board had been changed. I don't see these kinds of changes captured in the activity screen, but oh well, I've figured it out now and my stories are back. Thank you for your help with this.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

Could you check if there are any relation between the 4 issues? Perhaps the same issue types? same project? Also, the filters might have change as well where you might want to check in Agile > Scrum > Tools > Configure > Filter tab and see the Saved Filter.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2013

It's hard to tell. You haven't told us what you've changed, or what other people might have changed.

Can you remember any of the stories that were there? If you can find one, check the history to see if it's been changed, and then maybe the sprint planning board to see what config might have changed there to suddenly exclude that issue.

they show up in classic view but I can't find anything in the change log. It's very strange as this has happened over the weekend and no one has been diong anything to it as far as I can tell. Thanks for your help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2013

Could the sprint have ended? Someone change the config of the board?

no, the sprint hasn't ended and everything in the sprint still shows up. When I try creating a new story for the backlog, it creates it and then tells me "Your issue STAGE-411 has been created but is not currently visible" but does not help me make it visible.

I don't think changes have been made to the config board.... very mysterious.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2013

That really does sound like the config of the boards has changed or gone out of range - the message means "it's there, but your setup says hide it". You need to work out why the board is excluding it!

Suggest an answer