autotransition

haa April 14, 2021

I created a workflow that converts something and attached the result to the ticket.

(open) -> convert-[sil post function ] -> (resolved) ->  close [cond] closed

when  the conversion is successful I like to do autotransition to the closed state.

to do that I have the following condition on the closed state

cond:

if (#{success} == "true")
{
    autotransition("close", key);
}

this works but the screen is not updated to reflect the new status.

What would be the proper way to do that in a sil function?

1 answer

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

@haa  , does you history shows that the new status is reflected?

Does your post function gets executed before or after the store in database postfunction?

Can you try the integrity checker to see whether that corrects the status of the ticket?

haa April 15, 2021

Yes the postfunction gets executed without any problems. And the condition also gets executed without any problems. Reload the page then shows the new status. But  I expect the page to reload automatically.

The question is where is the intended place to put autotransition. 

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Ah.. so the status is actually changed in the screen and works. It is only that you want it to reflect without refreshing the page.

With the way JIRA is built, a refresh is needed to fetch the updates and show it in the screen.

Suggest an answer