automate notifications by inactivity ignoring weekend

Sergio Palacio October 27, 2017

Hello.

I need to send automatic notifications for inactivity. for this query example. 

project = "CAU TEST" AND status in ("Hold", "In progress") AND "updated" > 2

I need to do it ignoring saturdays and sundays. How I can stop the update counter on weekends???

thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2017

I suppose you are using filter subscriptions to send in your notifications.
So you can use the advanced settings to add a cron expression of your choice.

For e.g. The following would send in emails for Monday to Friday at 9:30am every day. 

0 30 9 ? * MON-FRI

Sergio Palacio October 30, 2017

Ok but I need to send notifications to customers users in service desk.  Are These subscriptions for jira users?

Also, How I can create a subscription that send notifications due inactivity and ingnoring the weekends ?

thanks

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Yes these are filters for JIRA thus you can also send them to service desk users. 

The JQL query you have, you need to save it.
When you save it, it will become a filter to which people can subscribe to or see if it's shared with their respective groups.

Anyway, so when you create the filter, go to top navigation bar, and open issues dropdown. Over there the last option would of 'manage filters'.

Go to you manage filters and find this filter that you would have saved previously.
There would be an option to subscribe the filter.

Click that and configure it according to your needs. Select the group you want as recipient. 
See the following screenshot. 

Capture.PNG

Sergio Palacio October 30, 2017

Oh, sorry Maybe my explanation  was wrong.

I need to send notificattions when the ticket has not activity for 2 day. but I don't want to count the saturday and sunday.
for example. If I have a ticket on frinday, and this ticket is not updated I don't want to close it on sunday.  I want to count the inactivity days avoiding weekends.
If the ticket has activity on friday the notification should be sent on tuesday if it has not activity.

sorry for the confusión.

Like Matt Trujillo likes this

Suggest an answer