auto deactivate account after a time period in jira

Mac Banerjee December 5, 2014

I am using JIRA server version. Is it possible to give access to JIRA for a certain time period, beyond which access will be auto revoked?

3 answers

0 votes
corinne_sabom January 28, 2021

Hi!

My organization are using Jira (cloud)and we have a lot of external resources getting access so therefore the amount of users is increasing fast and I can see a lot of inactivity from some of the users which means that someone else starting on a project now should be taking that place..

So is it possible to set a time frame of maybe 60-80 days of inactivity and then the access will be revoked?
As for now I am myself revoking manually and it's taking up a lot of my time

I would really appreciate suggestions tips and trix!

Thanks

Corinne

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2014

Hi Mac,

Crowd is our tool for user management, that provides centralized identity management with single sign-on to all your apps and developer tools. As for LDAP, it is a software protocol for enabling anyone to locate organizations, individuals, and other resources such as files and devices in a network, whether on the public Internet or on a corporate intranet that can be used to complement Crowd.

You can disable users in LDAP (Active Directory to be specific) , and JIRA will recognize the user as disabled. As for the other types of LDAP, we have an open feature being tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34557.

This setup can be a little complicated, so if you are not sure how to configure that at first, I'd suggest you rely on the JIRA's deactivate users flag.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2014

If you are using CROWD or LDAP it should be possible now.

Mac Banerjee December 6, 2014

What is CROWD and LDAP ...how to use those. Please help.

Amber December 7, 2014

Yes, I downloaded Crowd, but this is foreign to me! I am just trying because I need to!

Suggest an answer