auto deactivate account after a time period in jira

I am using JIRA server version. Is it possible to give access to JIRA for a certain time period, beyond which access will be auto revoked?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you are using CROWD or LDAP it should be possible now.

What is CROWD and LDAP ...how to use those. Please help.

Yes, I downloaded Crowd, but this is foreign to me! I am just trying because I need to!

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mac,

Crowd is our tool for user management, that provides centralized identity management with single sign-on to all your apps and developer tools. As for LDAP, it is a software protocol for enabling anyone to locate organizations, individuals, and other resources such as files and devices in a network, whether on the public Internet or on a corporate intranet that can be used to complement Crowd.

You can disable users in LDAP (Active Directory to be specific) , and JIRA will recognize the user as disabled. As for the other types of LDAP, we have an open feature being tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34557.

This setup can be a little complicated, so if you are not sure how to configure that at first, I'd suggest you rely on the JIRA's deactivate users flag.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

59 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you