Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

auto create a linked issue on a reminder happen

there is IT service project. we assign the assets to the user for a specific time duration we set the reminder on the ticket for the end date of using of asset.  we want there should be auto generate the linked ticket on  occurrence of reminder. please suggest

1 answer

0 votes

While there's a couple of routes you might do this with automation, I would strongly suggest you re-evaluate your process.

Why are you creating new issues as reminders?  You've already got an issue there acting as something you need to do something about.

It would be far more useful to have a workflow that shows the status of the asset over time.  The linear part of a flow for a library book for example, might be:

New (we got a new book) -> in library -> lent out -> coming up to due date (> ( overdue if not returned ->) needs to go back on shelf -> in library

I'd use automation to look for "book is due in 4 days" and "past due", and transition the issue to the right state.

This makes reporting a lot easier (show me a list of overdue books can't be done with your reminders for example) and it won't cause a proliferation of cascading issues if things are outsanding for a long time.

In fact, you can simplify that if you're with Jira Service Management - instead of clunky and repetetive reminders, simplify the workflow and use Queues to show what needs chasing/doing next.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you