atlassian products use of PKI CERTS or CAC enabled?

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

i tried to research this more and found that you need to create a java authenticator? or has someone succesfully been able to develop this and be able to use it to enable log-in with certs or CAC? looking to see if there is a free plug-in or code that i can fork over. Just have a customer that wants this and looking at the options of what i can do.

2 answers

0 votes
Bharath Venkatesh July 17, 2017

Have you tried the CAC/PIV single sign-on authenticator for Atlassian suite? It's secure and provides smart card access control to Atlassian products. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

I've done a basic implementation of this for a client - x509 certificates were in use.  Like you, I had to build a java authenticator for JIRA and Confluence.

The main problem I had was not the code, but that the certificates they wanted to use were fine for authorisation (you have a certificate, yup, we'll let you get to JIRA) but did not contain enough information to uniquely and strongly identify a user.  

The actual code handling the cert was only really a few lines long (it picked up the cert from the header Apache passed on to it, did a bit of parsing, and then did the identity scan based on the cert details)

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

is this something that you public available or is more company private? im not really a developer so was trying to find if someone had code they can share and have someone in my team try to look at it. I know im asking for much but was jw.

Suggest an answer