atlassian id login

Gilad Benjamini March 29, 2015

My colleague started an evaluation at https://cellrox.atlassian.net and invited me to join. I created a user name and started evaluating the product last week.

Our office administrator will be handling the billing, so I wanted to create a special user for her. 

1. According to your FAQ I need to create a user with the right role
  2. To achieve #1 above, I need to create an Atlassian ID
  3. I create an Atlassian ID with my email address

What now ? I have my e-mail as the Atlassian ID, and I have my login to cellrox.atlassian.net, but I don't have a clue how to link the two ?

Did I even take the right steps to achieve what I was trying to do ?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2015

Ah, no, you're getting mixed up between users of the product and accounts for looking after it.

Let us assume that your office admin will NOT be actually using the system.  She will need an Atlassian account so that you can add her to the billing on your my.atlassian account.  You should not use your email address for that, you should use hers.  If, later, you do want her to log into Cloud, she'll need to create a cellrox account as well.

Your login to cellrox.atlassian.net is an account on that server, it is not an Atlassian ID.  You don't really link your Atlassian ID to an individual server account, although there's no harm in having the same email address for both

In fact, it's likely that your colleague will need to add your office admin to the my.atlassian account, unless they have already added you to it and you can add her.

Gilad Benjamini March 29, 2015

I won't argue with you that I got mixed up. In fact I probably still am...

Going back to step 1 of what I was actually trying to achieve, what were the right steps I should have taken ? Do I even need an Atlassian id ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2015

You need an Atlassian ID to look after the system maintenance and billing. Note that your account here is an Atlassian ID too! You need that Atlassian ID (and/or your office admins account) added to the billing account You need a Cellrox account in your Cloud system to login and use Jira/Confluence/etc

Suggest an answer