atlassian-connect-express: "runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference"

Ramjeevan Tadi December 29, 2017

I'm trying to execute dashboard item example given at, https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example

I have cloned to to my local drive and using visual studio code to debug.

When I ever I start node app.js, it gives following error,

Add-on server running at http://SG-DT-094:3000Failed to establish local tunnelerr = Error: panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference

github.com/inconshreveable/olive/recover.go:40runtime/asm_amd64.s:403reflect/value.go:419reflect/value.go:296github.com/codegangsta/inject/inject.go:102 .....etc

Backend using

jugglingdb

sqlite3

I'm confused at "ac.store.register('jugglingdb', require('jugglingdb-sqlite3'));" is this right way?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Ramjeevan,

I see you asked this in the Developer Community and they replied with the following:

You don’t need to include ac.store.register(‘jugglingdb’, require(‘jugglingdb-sqlite3’)); into your app.js file, also i’d suggest you using sequelize since jugglingdb is not maintained (last commit 1 year ago).

If that helps please accept the answer here and in the developer community so others can benefit from this solution if they are running into the same issue.

Cheers,

Branden

Ramjeevan Tadi January 3, 2018

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, I have changed the adapter to "sequelize", type: sqlite3, database: store.db, then giving the error as "url should be defined"

Then changed the type: postgres

url: "postgres://localhost:8080/my_data_base", then gives the error as "Unhandled error: SequelizeConnectionRefusedError: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:5432"

Please find the attached pictures. As you can see in first pic, if there is a url, we get one type of error...

If there is no url, you can see the error in the next picture...

debug--12.JPGdebug--13.JPG

Suggest an answer