atlas-run returning exceptions

FlipThisHouse2 January 15, 2018

I get a lot of exceptions when running atlas-run. I am running this on Windows and I am following the tutorial for making an hello world plug-in. 

most of the errors are files missing in the tomcat folder, I am copying one of the errors here. Any help would be appreciated. 

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Jan 15, 2018 12:37:16 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner scan
[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] WARNING: Failed to scan [file:/C:/Applications/Atlassian/atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6/bin/myPlugin/target/container/tomcat8x/cargo-jira-home/common/lib/p6psy.jar] from classloader hierarchy
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-6.3.6\bin\myPlugin\target\container\tomcat8x\cargo-jira-home\common\lib\p6psy.jar
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:85)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:108)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(WindowsFileAttributeViews.java:53)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileAttributeViews$Basic.readAttributes(WindowsFileAttributeViews.java:38)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.readAttributes(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:194)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.readAttributes(Files.java:1755)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile$Source.get(ZipFile.java:951)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:216)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:148)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:324)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:295)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:261)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.<init>(JarFileUrlJar.java:60)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactory.java:48)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.java:338)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(StandardJarScanner.java:288)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars(TldScanner.java:262)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scan(TldScanner.java:104)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup(JasperInitializer.java:101)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5178)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1107)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1841)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:514)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:844)

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

The correct link for this issue is AMPS-1429.

Although these warnings can safely be ignored, I totally agree that they make the plugin developer's life unpleasant. I'm not on the team that maintains this code, but I'm going to see if I can fix it in my innovation time, because it bites me too.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Please check what version of Tomcat the SDK runs against the Jira version.

You can also check the supported platform's page for Jira and check which Tomcat it supports.

FlipThisHouse2 January 15, 2018

I am going to try some of the suggestions in the bug report (thank you for sending it to me). However, I am following this article 

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/

tomcat seems to be installed as part of the batch file. 

With the latest version of the SDK (6.3.6), and Jira, following the instructions in this article doesn't work. Shouldn't the article be updated? or is there a correction somewhere?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

With the latest version of the SDK (6.3.6), and Jira, following the instructions in this article doesn't work. Shouldn't the article be updated? or is there a correction somewhere?

The answer would probably be no.

You could always submit a pull request though.

FlipThisHouse2 January 17, 2018

I am trying to figure out if the documentation is wrong or if it’s something with my environment. Did anyone else got this tutorial working. All my attempts to make this work failed. 

Just want to get hello world plugin and be able to debug it. 

See Xianyang April 23, 2018

I have the same problem too, hope anyone can help.

Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 26, 2018

This is a warning caused by Jar manifest scan is enabled by default in Tomcat 8.

The details and workaround is available at 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-throws-java-io-filenotfoundexception-warnings-after-upgrade-869007981.html

Suggest an answer