atlas run from backup

Timm Kenfenheuer September 2, 2019

Hi community,

we are developing plugins for intern use in our company.

Our developers want to use the atlas-run command but with data from production and all our developed plugins.

Is there any way to achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi Timm,

I believe this can be done, but finding the clear documentation on this is tricky.  I don't think the SDK was intended to promote this specific use case.   Check out this related post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Re-Using-mysql-instead-of-HSQL-db-with-Atlassian-PDK/qaq-p/470401/comment-id/8056#M8056

It is rather old (8 years now), but I think it still applies to the current versions.  In it, Joe explains how you can use a customized home directory with the SDK, this would be needed in order automatically load your other plugins when the SDK runs.  There is also other discussions in that thread about using different databases than the default HSQL.  While I think these are for testing different clean database types like mysql, it might be helpful in terms of how you can connect to another database if you need to.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer