assignee not receiving email notification when user (without login access) replies to JIRA issue email

sferrell615 June 20, 2013

2 scenarios...

1 is successful: i am in the administrator and developer group. if i reply to a JIRA issue email then both the assignee and i receive an email notification from JIRA.

1 is not successful: if a user (who is in the user group but does not have login access to JIRA OnDemand) replies to a JIRA issue email then the assignee does not receive an email notification from JIRA.

we would like the assignee to receive an email notification. is there a setting that i can change for this?

thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
sferrell615 June 20, 2013
yes, when the user (without login privileges) replies to the JIRA issue email it shows up within JIRA as a comment but there is no email notification sent to the assignee. The notifications are configured to email the watcher, the assignee, and the reporter if there is a comment made. Thanks
0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013

Just to clarify...the user's reply does post to the JIRA issue, right?

Suggest an answer