assignee is set to reporter after csv import

Joakim Kring June 23, 2014

Hi,

I am having trouble importing issues from a jira-xml-export that I have converted to a csv-file.

In the csv-file in column assignee and reporter contain different usernames (which already exists in the system).

I have checked that the assignee field in the file is mapped to Assignee and reporter to Reporter.

The import runs without any warnings, but when checking the imported issues, the Assignee field is always set to the same value as Reporter.

I also have trouble with the Updated field which is set to the same as Created.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

Can you check if there is some post function defined in the workflow on "Create Issue" transition that sets the assignee?

Should that matter when importing issues with a definded Status?

This affects all imported issues no matter what Status it has.

Since there are no transitions made, the Post Functions should not run.

I have checked a few functions where changes to Assignee can occur and the values it can be set to does not correlate with Reporter.

0 votes
Joakim Kring September 10, 2014

Turns out there was a script running when creating issues. That script automatically set the reporter as assigne in som cases.

Thank you all.

Ramesh Pamtangi February 13, 2019

What script is running? I am also facing the same problem. imported 700 issues; for all imported issues assignee and reporter is the same. 

How can i check which script is causing the problem?

0 votes

All the users in the csv file have Create Issues permission.

The log file shows that there are 10 users assiciated with import. All those exist i the system.

It goes on with all the issues and report all issues sucessfully created.

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Please try checking the import logs which should provide further information regarding this. Also, try making sure that the users joad and rho1 for example have the Create Issues project permission before importing. :)

All the users in the csv file have Create Issues permission.

The log file shows that there are 10 users assiciated with import. All those exist i the system.

It goes on with all the issues and report all issues sucessfully created.

Suggest an answer