assign to current user if assignee empty during transition

Ellen Chen July 17, 2013

In my workflow, during one transition, I would like JIRA automatically assign issue to the current user if assingee is empty, but if assignee is not empty, then nothing to do. How can make it work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

It is a conditional post function. You might have to write one yourself.

How about adding a assignee required condition where people will be forced to select one? There are existing plugins that support this.

Ellen Chen July 17, 2013

Which the existing plugins can do it? Thanks

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013
Ellen Chen July 28, 2013

HI Jobin, Could you provide an example of how to check Assignee is empty? I can't make Assignee as required, we would like to check if Assignee is empty, if yea, we hope post function can fill Assignee by current user. Could you provide more information, thanks.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2013

first you need to download and install the JSU plugin using the Universal plugin manager

then got to the workflow transition and need to configure field require validator for assignee field and make sure that in that transition assgnee field should be there.

Suggest an answer