assign a team to "Assignee" field

Avigdor Hadad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2024

Hi,

I know that there is a "Team" field, but I need the possibility, from time to time, to assign a team (and not only specific person) to the assignee field.  

Can I assign a team to "Assignee" field?

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Avigdor Hadad ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

It's currently not possible to assign a team to the "Assignee" field. Having your issues assigned to a single person makes sure that there is no doubt about who the main driver for this issue is.

Putting this on a team might cause confusion and frustration inside the team when eventually nobody followed up on the ticket.

If you do need the entire team to follow up on all the tickets I would use a board or a filter to list all issues currently assigned to all the team members and have them work on all of those together.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Peter

PS: here is an interesting story about assigning something to a team: https://www.lollydaskal.com/leadership/story-everybody-somebody-anybody-nobody/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events