asking for resolution Vs populating a resolution

sn September 20, 2017

hi,

users of JIRA 7.3 SERVER.

i have a workflow and it is associated with a scheme. i want the resolution to be picked by pre-populated for all issuetypes except Bug.

other than having 2 workflows- one for bug and other for all issues, is there a way to achieve this ?

thanks !

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

There may be a plugin that allows a workflow condition of issue type. You'd have to code multiple transitions, one for each issue type, but there would only be one visible to the user. Another option may be scripting in a post function to check the issue type and populate it. But there isn't any way 'out of the box' to do it. 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

I think the only way to do this is to have two workflows unless there is an app that I don't know about that allows for conditional transitions in workflows.

Suggest an answer