are there any plans to provide JIRA issue synchronization out of the box

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2012

Assume you have 2 or more JIRA instances.
Issues created in one JIRA is copied over to another JIRA using the remote copy plugin

Are there any plans to synchronize these issues (for instance to progress issue in JIRA 1 to resolved, once that the issue in JIRA 2 is resolved), or when the summary in JIRA 2 is changed, the summary in JIRA 1 is changed also ?

We are currently evaluating if we should make such a function or buy it from a plugin developer / atlassian.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Have a look at ConnectAll. It can connect from on JIRA to another.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2012

Hi Jobin

Thanks for the suggestion - I will have a look. Unsure if this meets the requirements, but I will flag it as an answer.

F.

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
November 14, 2012

yes (only synching two projects)
I even need to be able to have one jira target another jira, and that second jira target a third one
Links can be uni and bi directional / in the case of a bidirectional link, modifications on one should be synched to the second and the way back ...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Isn't this just clustering? What about changes to metadata... components, projects, versions, or are you only interested in syncing two projects?

Suggest an answer