apple-touch-icon for Jira

JustinDooley April 17, 2014

Jira is setup and works great but I can't figure out where to put the icon file for the pinned version of the site on ios devices. Apple says to add this to your page and it will use that as an icon, otherwisr it will take a screen grab and shrink it down.

<linkrel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed"sizes="57x57"href="iconfilename-precomposed.png"/>

This is not a problem, I jsut want to know where to add this snippet to Jira so that the icon dosn't look like a little white blob.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2014

Hi Justin,

Please, go to your <jira-install>/atlassian-jira/includes/decorators/aui-layout/head-common.jsp. At the bottom of this file you will find something like:

&lt;link rel="shortcut icon" href="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getRelativeResourcePrefix()%&gt;/favicon.ico"&gt;
&lt;link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" href="&lt;%= request.getContextPath()%&gt;/osd.jsp" title="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getPageTitle(originalPage) %&gt;"/&gt;

Please, append your icon to it, as per following:

&lt;link rel="shortcut icon" href="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getRelativeResourcePrefix()%&gt;/favicon.ico"&gt;
&lt;link rel="search" type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" href="&lt;%= request.getContextPath()%&gt;/osd.jsp" title="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getPageTitle(originalPage) %&gt;"/&gt;
&lt;link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="&lt;path to your icon&gt;/my-icon-57.png"/&gt;

Please, refer to Specifying a Webpage Icon for Web Clip for further information.

Kind regards,
Rafael

JustinDooley April 20, 2014

Excellent. Exactly what I was looking for. For thouse looking to do the same. This is what I put in the file.

&lt;link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getRelativeResourcePrefix()%&gt;/jira_icon_60.png"&gt;
&lt;link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getRelativeResourcePrefix()%&gt;/jira_icon_76.png"&gt;
&lt;link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getRelativeResourcePrefix()%&gt;/jira_icon_120.png"&gt;
&lt;link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="&lt;%= headerFooterRendering.getRelativeResourcePrefix()%&gt;/jira_icon_152.png"&gt;

And I placed the icons in <jira-install>/atlassian-jira

Suggest an answer