app_user and cwd_user entries differ

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Hi All

I found that after 7th March all users i created on my jira instance appears on cwd_user but not on app_user. Is this normal?

My questions are , why are the users created before 7th Mar ot appearing in there?

Is it expected that the entries in app_user and cwd_user will vary?

This i confirmed by running the following queries.

SELECT * FROM cwd_user WHERE user_name NOT IN ( select User_key from app_user);

Rahul

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2014

Hello Rahul.

The fields lower_username on both tables should match. If they are somewhat different you may see some troubles when your users are trying to login.

With the informations that you've sent it's not possible for me to tell you what happened onmarch 7th, maybe if you give us some more details on what was done that day (or right before that) we can help you better on it.

solidcode2017 August 27, 2015

I have same situation that I found 23 of them found only in app_user select * from dajira.app_user where lower_user_name not in (select lower_user_name from dajira.cwd_user) Not sure this is related. For One particular user I am not able to delete or update the user. whey I try to delete there is no success popup message box and when I try to update I get user not found. and I am not user how JIRA is able to display as user is exist in the system.

Suggest an answer