anyone know of a working user picker limited by group or role?

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

I've found two plug-ins that aren't supported. One which doesn't appear to work and one that states out-right that it's been discontinued.

I've found an Atlassian ticket that claims to offer this in 6.2.

We're running 6.3 and I've found nothing to indicate this is supported.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

It is.

Go to custom fields, add a "user picker" custom field, name it appropriately, and stick it on the screens you need it on - that's the standard "add a field" bit.

Once you've done that, go back to the list and find it.  Click on the "configure" option - that takes you to the "contexts" where you can set:

• What project/issue type the field is valid for
  • The default value
  • The user filter (default = all active users)

Click on the third, and you'll see you can tick "enable user filtering" and add rules based on either group or role

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

thank you!

Suggest an answer