anonymous email notification when created from service desk portal

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Jira sends from address as anonymouns when user creates ticket from service desk.

We have groovy scripts which gets executed on issue create event. However when same user creates same type of ticket from jira it does not add anonymes, it has actual name of reporter.

I belive when ticket gets connected with jira from service desk on creation event it is not able to send the reporter to groovy script and it is getting executed as anonymous.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

There is defect in service desk portal. If username is Captial and ticket gets created from service desk, it sends out notification email as anonymous.

0 votes
Jackie Waddell October 27, 2014

I have this problem too

0 votes
Karl FURGEROT October 22, 2014

I've got the same problem here. When i change the user login, then the notification mail are from anonymous...

0 votes
Mihails Mihailovs August 20, 2014

Any more information on this matter, i have this exact problem.

Suggest an answer