anonymous email notification when created from service desk portal

Jira sends from address as anonymouns when user creates ticket from service desk.

We have groovy scripts which gets executed on issue create event. However when same user creates same type of ticket from jira it does not add anonymes, it has actual name of reporter.

I belive when ticket gets connected with jira from service desk on creation event it is not able to send the reporter to groovy script and it is getting executed as anonymous.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

There is defect in service desk portal. If username is Captial and ticket gets created from service desk, it sends out notification email as anonymous.

Any more information on this matter, i have this exact problem.

I've got the same problem here. When i change the user login, then the notification mail are from anonymous...

I have this problem too

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you