annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT ad ding to index file!!

leandro siciliano November 17, 2017

Hello my friends,

I have problem where I run mvn package in my code:

[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Sta
shImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT ad
ding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Ref
appImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT a
dding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Jir
aImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT add
ing to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Fec
ruImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT ad
ding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Con
fluenceImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. N
OT adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Bit
bucketImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NO
T adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.imports.Bam
booImport] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT a
dding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.export.Modu
leType] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NOT addi
ng to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.S
tashComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. N
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.R
efappComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class.
NOT adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.J
iraComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. NO
T adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.F
ecruComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class. N
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.C
onfluenceComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete cla
ss. NOT adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.C
lasspathComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete clas
s. NOT adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.B
itbucketComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete clas
s. NOT adding to index file!!
[ERROR] Found a type [com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.component.B
ambooComponent] annotated as a component, but the type is not a concrete class.
NOT adding to index file!!

anybody pass for this error ?

thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2017

Hi Leandro! 

Have you tried this workaround

<includeExclude>-com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.*</includeExclude>

from this issue https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/SCANNER-24

Anyway, could you provide your sdk version, pom.xml parameters for components? 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Edward Greathouse February 14, 2018

The above link is expired. I don't have any context for the mentioned solution. Can you please explain how you resolved this issue?

Thanks,
Eddie

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2018

Hi! 

It has been not actual info, because if you migrate to spring scanner 2 - everything starts to be better. 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 votes
Pratibha Chilwant September 2, 2022

I have added the dependancies:
<dependency>
<groupId>javax.inject</groupId>
<artifactId>javax.inject</artifactId>
<version>1</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>atlassian-spring-scanner-annotation</artifactId>
<version>1.2.13</version>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency>

but still getting the below error:

cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class ComponentImport

cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class Inject

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hello,

Since this is a development question, I believe the correct place to ask for help is in the Atlassian Developer Community:

https://community.developer.atlassian.com/ 

The mentioned portal was specifically created for development questions, where you will find articles and suggestions from other third-party partners and Atlassian developers. Feel free to open a new topic about your question there! :)

Suggest an answer