all Issues gone - Project stille there (in Admin View)

Markus Prinz September 19, 2012

We were working on a Project with around 200 Issues. Dont know what happend but the Problem is:

In the normal view all Issues related to the Project seem to bee gone (cant find them)
Its also not listed in the "Project" tab

BUT - when I change to Admin I can still see the Project in the Project tab. I can also Edit the Project. Furthermore when i go to the User Tab I can still see that the users ahve assigend or reported Issues (related to this project) -> which also means I cannot delet a certain User (what i need to do) becaues he still has assigned Issues which i cannot reassigen because I cannot edit the Issues.

Any Ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2012

I think your permissions are wrong.

There's an important point here - administrators do NOT have automatic rights. This is the correct way to do permissions - an administrator should have rights to administrate the system, but not get the automatic right to override/ignore security. (They can, of course, put themselves into groups/roles/etc that will give them rights in a project, but that should be separate from their admin rights)

I suspect you are not a user/developer in the project any more, for some reason.

As someone who can't see the project, yes, you can't see it in projects lists, you can't see the issues in it and so-on. As an administrator, you still have the rights to administrate Jira and it's projects. So you see it in admin, but not as a user.

Put yourself back in the project and see what happens.

Markus Prinz September 19, 2012

Perfect! Kind of stupid mistake in my side but thanks a million for the fast support!

Suggest an answer