ailed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency

Vladislav Mikhaylov July 1, 2014

I have a problem:

Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.

The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup.

Database version is: 601

JIRA app version is: 531

Please use the correct version of JIRA. You are running: 4.1.2#531

How do I change the number of the database to 531?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2014

First, you need to be certain that it is safe to roll the number back. Why has your data got into this state? If it's been upgraded by a later version of Jira, then rolling the number back is simply going to break it, you're wasting your time.

Second, if you're sure it's safe, then the build number is in the propertyentry table. One of the first 40 rows in there.

Vladislav Mikhaylov July 1, 2014

First, we've updated to version 4.4.5

Now we need to go back to version 4.1.2

Can we be sure, that everything will be okay when we change the number?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2014

Ah, right. That's not going to happen. You can't downgrade Jira data like that.

Changing the build number is not enough. You need to undo ALL the changes that the upgrade process as made. 4.1 to 4.4 is not huge, but it's big enough that you could spend weeks trying to get any downgrade right.

I'd suggest you either go to the last backup of 4.1 you took, or you re-evaluate your reasons to want to downgrade (talk them through here?) because you need to stick with 4.4 if you want to keep your data.

Suggest an answer