after upgrading from JIRA 5.1 to JIRA 6.3.12 services are not starting

Suresh Kumar G December 22, 2014

I am upgraded from JIRA 5.1 to JIRA 6.3.12 and it finished without any errors. But after finishing, JIRA services is not running and when checked in Windows Services console it showing services is not started. When tried to start it, it throws an error saying files doesn't exist. Please confirm whether I need to restore the old version JIRA backup in the new version or something like that. 

Thanks..

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

Could you start by reading the log file for the application?

The upgrade should have done all the work for you, but "I upgraded" doesn't tell us enough about what you've actually done to run the upgrade.

Suresh Kumar G December 23, 2014

Dear Nic,

Thanks for your response. I downloaded the JIRA version 6.3.12 32-bit since my existing version was 32-bit. I am unable to upload the log files since I couldn't find the attachment options here to attach the log files.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2014

I was not asking for the files, I was suggesting that you start by reading them yourself.

Suresh Kumar G December 23, 2014

I started upgrading after going through the following link:- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA+Using+a+Rapid+Upgrade+Method

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2014

Right, and have you looked at the logs to see if there are any errors that might explain it?

Suggest an answer