after a few weeks of using jira i can no longer login using the same browser

peter macliesh June 5, 2012

first i saw this with chrome (browser i use most) ... but now IE9 is also behaving the same. and my chrome has also started throwing me out again. i am the admin ... and yes i know my password.

i'm running out of browsers. ff still lets me in

basically i can no longer login. I enter credentials and the login page simply refreshes with no error message but with the fields blanked.

someone posted "clear your browser of everything and that fixes it".

i did that once with chrome, and it worked

but that is not acceptable.

suggestions?

TIA

PMac

client is win7x64

jira 502. greenhopper 5973. confluence 4.2. ... confluence is configured to authenticate against jira

1 answer

0 votes
Hemal Udani June 6, 2012

This happened to us when we were using the same browser to access the test environment and the production environment. Once I started using IE for production environment, and Firefox for test environment, this problem went away.

peter macliesh June 6, 2012

i only have one jira instance and one confluence instance - each in their own tomcat, and actually on the same machine. Jira is the master, and confluence authenticates against jira - so the users in both are "the same". until this problem i could happily switch back-and-fore between jira and confluence, so it doesn't seem that they upset each other.

hmmm just wondering if jira has a max age on the authentication of something like a couple of weeks and that is forcing a re-auth. i did let it "remember me on this machine".

Suggest an answer