after a few weeks of using jira i can no longer login using the same browser

first i saw this with chrome (browser i use most) ... but now IE9 is also behaving the same. and my chrome has also started throwing me out again. i am the admin ... and yes i know my password.

i'm running out of browsers. ff still lets me in

basically i can no longer login. I enter credentials and the login page simply refreshes with no error message but with the fields blanked.

someone posted "clear your browser of everything and that fixes it".

i did that once with chrome, and it worked

but that is not acceptable.

suggestions?

TIA

PMac

client is win7x64

jira 502. greenhopper 5973. confluence 4.2. ... confluence is configured to authenticate against jira

1 answer

This happened to us when we were using the same browser to access the test environment and the production environment. Once I started using IE for production environment, and Firefox for test environment, this problem went away.

i only have one jira instance and one confluence instance - each in their own tomcat, and actually on the same machine. Jira is the master, and confluence authenticates against jira - so the users in both are "the same". until this problem i could happily switch back-and-fore between jira and confluence, so it doesn't seem that they upset each other.

hmmm just wondering if jira has a max age on the authentication of something like a couple of weeks and that is forcing a re-auth. i did let it "remember me on this machine".

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,639 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you