administrator log in

nadiah mohammad December 23, 2013

why i couldn't add other users for my project? how can i get the administrator login and global permission to add users. please advise.

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2013

Adding users to a project is usually delegated to *project* administrators. Adding user accounts is done at a *system* administrator level. They are separate things

To get one, or both, of these permissions, talk to your existing administrators - they'll need to add you to the right roles/permissions.

nadiah mohammad December 25, 2013

how can i know who is my existing administrator? i want to create a new project and add my own users. how can i do that?

i did not install jira. i use the 30days free trial online. please advise on how can i add new project and users using this trial version.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2013

You can find out who install your JIRA, the user should have the System administrator by default. If you somehow lost the credentials, you can always retrieve them via database.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2013

You need to ask the person who signed up for the trial - they have the admin rights.

0 votes

how can i know who is my existing administrator? i want to create a new project and add my own users. how can i do that?

Suggest an answer