adding transition screen to workflow state in agile workflow doesn't allow that transition

ashleyg July 1, 2014

I tried to add a transition screen with some fields to close transition which takes it to closed state. After having added that when i execute the transitiion in any case it goes on and on and no results.

I don't know why we cannot add transition screens to agile workflows but that is the requirement.

Can anybody help me on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2014

This is a little unclear.

Are you saying no screen appears when you try to perform the transition, or that one does and it's wrong for some reason?

ashleyg July 1, 2014

I mean to say when we execute that transition for closing of issue we don't get any transition screen pop up and the page just goes on and on endlessly.Then we have to press ESC key to come out of that. In fact the transition doesn't pop up screen and also doesn't execute

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2014

So you're not getting the screen at all?

What does your log file say? It sounds like you've got something on the screen that is breaking it (or possibly a popup blocker in the browser). Could you check the fields on the screen too? Maybe make a note of them all, delete all but "summary" and see if that works?

ashleyg July 1, 2014

Hi Nic,

Amazing!It is working now but i don't know why it wasn't sometime ago.

Also does that mean that we can modify agile workflows as per our needs like setting conditions,validators,post functions,transition screens,etc ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2014

Hmm, not going to attempt to guess why it started working.

No, you can't modify the simplified workflows really. You can edit them, but your board owners could easily stomp all over your changes when they rearrange a board, which is why I'd recommend not bothering.

If you've got admin-controlled workflows, then yes, do what you need. only your admins can break them then.

Suggest an answer