adding new fields to create test cycle screen

Yochai Ben-Chaim July 14, 2013

Hy,

We are testing Zephyr for Jira on 5.2.8 version.

Is there any option to add new fields to the create test cycle screen?

Thank You,

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Yochai Ben-Chaim July 17, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for your response. We don't have a specific field which is the only relevant one. We were hoping to have an extension option for adding fields according to changing needs.

Thanks,

Yochai

0 votes
Deva August 24, 2015

I vote for this request too. Since this thread is a couple of years old, is there any update from the product team if this feature is now available?

Regards

-Deva

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2013

Scott,

In a real simple sense, you could use the "Name" field of the Execution set to codify the OS/Version etc. Help me out in how you would want us to add fields. For exmaple, is this OS choice a prefilled JIRA field like component? Or is it just another text box where you type stuff in? How would you build it?

Kind Regards,
Chris

Scott Sudweeks August 8, 2013

The project we are working on is for an iOS application. We currently have around 600 test cases, and that is quite enough for us to manage as is right now. If we were to use a custom JIRA field like compoent we would need to have multiple simmilar test issues which only vary for this field. So for sure we want to use execution to hold these fields/variables Build, Enviornment, Browser, OS, platform, etc.

Previously our test case management would allow us to define a complex enviornment for where the test was run. Windows7+IE9, or Mac OSx Lion+Chrome or iPad+iOS 5 etc. So we don't want to tag this information on the test case itself.

We 'could' use the Name of the Execution to help us seperate these things, but the names are getting too complicated because we are trying to jam a number of these fields into the name. Complicated by the outstanding issue of putting a ... and hiding most of the title anyways :)

Also we 'could' use the Enviornment and make this a complex field and jam in enviornment+browser+OS, but this just feels dirty. Maybe that's the prior DBA in me and the itch for data normalization.

What we envision is just like what you have in place for Enviornment now on the create or edit of the test cycle. Enviornment fits PERFECTLY, we use it a lot. Right next to that we could also use "OS" or Operating system.

Obviously need to take in some ballance here as it could start to be a drag to create cycles and it could be a pain to fill in 20 things each time.

If I were to build this, maybe I would have 4 available fields. Cycle_Data A-D for example. The label for those could be defined from the plugin admin page and given a simple tile that works for that organization. Or if possible, ideally ustomizable per project rather than the plugin which is global.

Best,

~Scott

0 votes
Scott Sudweeks August 6, 2013

I would really like to put my voice in on this request as well. We have desire to execute test cases not only against a certain enviornment, but for example in various operating systems. It does not make sense in our orgainzation to clone to test case to be OS specific, but rather tag the execution against the OS. Please add this field, or option for a customizable field or two :)

0 votes
Andrew Morin August 5, 2013

Hi Chris,

We are also looking for this functionality. It would be nice if it could be treated as other JIRA screens are.

Thanks

Andrew

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

Hi Yochai,

What fields would you like to add to the test cycle screen? Currenlty this isn't an option but if you provide a use case we'll consider it for a coming release.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer