adding draft status

XtenMan March 11, 2013

I am trying to create a new status called 'draft' in a workflow. So when I create a new issue, I ahve the option as marking it in 'draft', so it is inactive as I amy be still gathering more information about it, or I just want to log it now and start it (make it active) at a later date.

I ahve created a step called draft in my workflow whcih transitions into 'open' but this does nothing.

I just started using Jira and any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hi there!

To do this, please try to do the following:

1. Create the "Draft" step in the desired Workflow;
  2. Click on the "Open" step;
  3. Click on "Add outgoing transition";
  4. Add a Transition name, the destination step ("Draft") and a transition view (or don't add in case you just want to click in the button and go straight to the status);
  5. Now, when you are on the "Open" step, you will see the "Draft" button in the Issue, and when clicking on it, you will see the screen that was set in the transition view from the last step;
  6. When passed this screen, your issue you will be on the status set on the "Draft" creation;

If you still have any problems with this, you can raise a ticket on support.atlassian.com and one of our Engineers will be glad to assist you with this.

Cheers!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

I think you need to think about how you get an issue into the "draft" status?

Do you create everything as a draft and then ask the users to move them to "open" when they're happy to? Or do you create new "open" issues and move them to "draft" if the users think they should be drafts?

XtenMan March 11, 2013

I am trying to create an issue as a draft, and leave it as a draft. once I am ready (or think the asignee has the time), I will move it from draft into open status.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

Ah, sorry, I did not read your original post carefully enough.

Go into your workflow edit and look for the current "open" status. You'll see that one of the transitions into it is "Create" - click on that, and you'll be able to change the end-point from "open" to "draft". That will mean all new issues go straight to draft.

My apologies for the misread!

XtenMan March 11, 2013

worked like a charm. Thank you so much for your help!

Suggest an answer