adding a field with a managed list

michael reiman January 27, 2017

All,

This maybe a simple enough task but I'm having trouble figuring it out, what I'm attempting to do is to add a field to the screen which, i have been able to do.

The issue is i need to manage the field selection content, similar to how the "components or versions" are managed. I've added a field for multiple entries, for example if i add a field type "version picker" with a name of "Issue Detected In".

The field is added and I can see it on a new issue "create" screen for a Bug type, however, the content of this field is displaying data from the version list.

I need to create specific content and have the field only display this content, so the question is how to i edit the project template to add another area to configure content like "version or components" that a field in a bug screen displays for the user to make a single or multiple choice selection.

I can't seem to find the area that allows me to add this to the project.

Version 7.1

I have admin access

I've searched the admin guides and other help resources to no avail.

~mike

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2017

You need to add one of the custom field types that has a list of options - select, multi-select, radio button and check box are the obvious ones.  If you add one of these, in the same way you added the version picker (which is explicitly designed to pick up the list of project versions), you'll find that it asks you to list options for the field as you create it, and you can always go back and add more.

However, it won't work quite like versions or components - your JIRA administrators are in charge of the list, not your project admins.

Suggest an answer