adding Jira Gadgets in a Google site

Kieran Sheehan January 26, 2013

Hello,

I want to embed a Jira gadget into a Google site. I am let to believe this is possible from various posts, but there is no clear description of how it is done.

Is it really possible, or not? If so, what steps do I need to take to allow the google site to consume the gadget.

thanks,

kieran

3 answers

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014
Christine Woods March 22, 2016

anyone know if there is a replacement for this?  it doesnt seem to work anymore.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

I'm seeing the same behaviour where the Created vs Resolved gadget, for example, will display fine after selecting the project/filter, but loses this information across page refreshes so the end user is forced to re-enter the project / filter every time they visit the page.

Is there way of passing paramters via the URL, e.g.

https://netcollab.atlassian.net/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:created-vs-resolved-issues-chart-gadget/gadgets/createdvsresolved-gadget.xml?projectOrFilterId="DEMO"

Tried the above, but get:

"The gadget you added is not valid

com.google.gadgets.gaia.GaiaConverterException: unknown: https://netcollab.atlassian.net/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.jira.gadgets:created-vs-resolved-issues-chart-gadget/gadgets/createdvsresolved-gadget.xml?projectOrFilterId="DEMO""

Thanks,

Andrew.

0 votes
ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2013
Kieran Sheehan January 26, 2013

Hi Conrad,

I have done this. It loses all data and access permission every time the page is refreshed. e.g. if I configure a gadget to list a series of issues selected by a filter, it works fine once. There does not seem to be any way to retain the values entered. Also I am obliged to authenticate each time round, though I am already authenticated as a google user

regards,

kieran

Kieran Sheehan January 31, 2013

Hi,

As above. Settings are not retained from session to session.

Suggest an answer