add subtask button missing

Daniela July 19, 2021

Hi, i tried already all hints and tips that i found on internet how to enable sub task button on issue screen. I have all my fields optional, sub task is also in issue type available. I have no idea what i can do as next.

I have scrum board and admin rights.

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Oh, bother, I just noticed what was in your screen-shot.

You're looking at a sub-task already.  That's why there's no "create sub-task" option - you're already at the sub-task layer, and you can't go any lower (sub-task of sub-task is not possible in Jira)

Daniela July 20, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  thats screen shot from the story, not subtask

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

Your screenshot is showing a sub-task - first line tells us that  where it gives the parent and child issue key - Projects / Versa / Ver-1 / Ver-2

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2021

Hi @Daniela 

Do you not see this button?

image.png

What do you see?

Daniela July 19, 2021

subtask.PNG

@Fazila Ashraf  yes exactly that filed i can not see

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

Do you have any sub-task types enabled in the project settings?

Daniela July 20, 2021

hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  yes i do have, do you mean this right?

subtask.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events