- Build Product Roadmaps Dynamically
- Automate collection of metrics when possible
- Reduce Overhead for ticket management

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user January 11, 2018

Hi Ashish,

Cycle Control is an ideal solution for your first three points. This add-on helps you do the following:

• Better visualization of your releases/streamlined release management process:  you can visualize an entire initiative from conception to delivery in a calendar view. The Release calendars allow you to easily manage a more complex, multi-team initiative with intermediate checkpoints (approvals, quality gates, milestones and checklists) and easily coordinate the lifecycle of an entire initiative/release. 

Additionally, the latest release of the add-on has a powerful forecasting capability that evaluates historic data and gives you an accurate estimate of your completion date.

Other features, such as metrics inspection give you the ability to investigate the changes that occurred between two points in time (e.g. the burn-down chart of a single or multiple teams). This is quite neat, especially if you are looking to take corrective actions in advance and need some actionable data to do so. 

• Dynamic product roadmaps: easily visualize your product roadmaps. It gives both managers, teams and stakeholders a multi-dimensional view into the current status and progress of an initiative.

• Automate the collection of metrics: you can set up an entire list of different metrics (e.g. total scope, total burn down, burn down for individual teams etc.) and they are all custom and JQL-driven. Technically, you can measure any work that's been managed within Jira. Automatically. 

Basically, the tool is designed for streamlining the release management process and scaling it. It eliminates micromanagement, because you can visualize everything that goes into the release management process in a single, macro view. If you need more details about certain components of the initiative, you can easily dig deeper and analyze metrics, changes to the scope etc. 

If you give me more information on your use case, I can walk you though the possible solutions. :) 

Cheers,

Bianka

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2017

These are vague statements that can't really lead us in any simple direction. 

"Reduce overhead for ticket management" is the least useful one for example - I'd go with

• set up your Jira with simple, clear processes and
  • delegate all the work to the developer teams, and
  • consider Service Desk if you have Customer type users and Agents handling their requests
  • Automate all the things 

I can't say a lot more without a clear definition of "reduce overhead"

I'd look at Portfolio, Big Picture, EazyBI, ScriptRunner (yes, of course SR, I do work for Adaptavist, but it's valid for the "automation" point), Automation, and and and and and...

Suggest an answer