add multiple user with same group

gayati ingle October 14, 2013

I have a team in jira and i want to add two users in that team and their respective email so that they directly get the mails from admin

4 answers

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Hey Gayati,

I'm sorry for the confusion here, as I was referring to JIRA 6.1. You can find the users by using the keyboard shortcut 'gg' and then type in Users. That should open the Users' page.

0 votes
gayati ingle October 14, 2013

there is no option like "User Management" in JIRA

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

check this document to know more about how to mange users

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users

pooja kamble October 20, 2013

I am using jira's internal directory but unable to find user management button for adding multiple user's in a team. What I have to do.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

what is the jira version your using?

Select Administration > Users > Users

check this doc if you are using jira 5.X

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Managing+Users

jira 4.3

Please explian me step by step.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

here explain step by step

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Managing+Users

still not able to mange user then let us know

I have a user in jira as "net dev" now I want to assign a new developer to net dev. What is the process for that. Iam using jira's internal directory accept that what settings are requier for this process please tell me. Also I don't have user managment optoin in my jira.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

if my guess is correct then you are trying to add users to "net dev" group right?

if yes then follow these steps

1.Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators

2. Bring up the administration page by clicking either the 'Administration' link on the top bar or the title of the Administration box on the dashboard.

3.click on Users ---> Groups

4. choose the group and click on the Edit Members from the right side

5.enter the user name on add members to seelcted group text box and click on Join button

gayati ingle October 20, 2013

I have a user in jira as "net dev" now I want to assign a new employee's Email-ID to net dev. What is the process for that. Iam using jira's internal directory accept that what settings are requier for this process please tell me. Also I don't have user managment optoin in my jira.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

did you gone throug my links???

you mean you want to edit user profile?

if yes then got to Users ---> Users

2. search for user and click edit option which is on right side

3. then you can change emil adress

Note: you can't add two email address to one jira user

I want to add another user under existing user

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

that is not possible in jira, you have to create as a new user!! or ask user to sign up!

how an users get the updates regarding to a project, where to specify the email address of the user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2013

The user's email address is part of their profile and can be set by the user, or by admins editing the account.

Please read the links Rambanam has been quoting, they really are the right place to read about basic maintenance of Jira.

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2013

Hi Gayati,

So you want to add users to those existing groups in your JIRA instance? If that's the case, then you can do that by going to Administration > User Management > Users then click on the Groups link next to the usernames and then you can select the groups this user can join.

I hope that's helpful.

Ihave created a new user and now i want to add another user in that, what steps I have to follow?

Suggest an answer