add many comments in a issue with the API

Alexandre Gautier September 12, 2017

During my searching I would like to know if it is possible to add, on the fly, many comments in my issues. I want to add all these comments on one blow. Is It possible to do this with REST API of JIRA i.e. with POST /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/comment like a kind of bulk...

Thanks,

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Alexandre,

I did dome testing and tried to separate this with a comma via the REST API and the only comment that was created was the last comment.  At this point the only way I've been able to add new comments is to re-create the comment block and add another comment after I've already added the first one.

There may be other methods to do this programatically, however, to get this funcionality added directly into the API please go to JAC and create a Suggestion ticket.  Once you do post the link here and the community will be able to vote on the issue and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Alexandre Gautier September 15, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes OK for the suggestion. What is JAC ? How to get it ?

Typically, I have to import some Trello taskes to Jira issues and in Trello taskes, I have many comments. I would like to import them by bulk...

Suggest an answer