add many comments in a issue with the API Edited

During my searching I would like to know if it is possible to add, on the fly, many comments in my issues. I want to add all these comments on one blow. Is It possible to do this with REST API of JIRA i.e. with POST /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/comment like a kind of bulk...

Thanks,

image.png

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Alexandre,

I did dome testing and tried to separate this with a comma via the REST API and the only comment that was created was the last comment.  At this point the only way I've been able to add new comments is to re-create the comment block and add another comment after I've already added the first one.

There may be other methods to do this programatically, however, to get this funcionality added directly into the API please go to JAC and create a Suggestion ticket.  Once you do post the link here and the community will be able to vote on the issue and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes OK for the suggestion. What is JAC ? How to get it ?

Typically, I have to import some Trello taskes to Jira issues and in Trello taskes, I have many comments. I would like to import them by bulk...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

69 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you