address used: fmassur.atlassian.net
can you add the French language?
cordially.

6 answers

1 vote
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2011

Not positive which application you are looking to add the French language pack to...

If you host your own JIRA instance, you can install the language pack via admin the JIRA admin panel. Below is the list of plugin versions so you can find the correct one for your instance at: https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/matrix/43518

The guide for installing plugins is here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Managing+JIRA%27s+Plugins

If you host your own Confluence instance, the page for language packs is below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DISC/Language+Pack+Translations

If you are using the OnDemand version of the applications, language packs are not currently available. The feature request to have them added in the future is at the above link.

If this didn't cover what you were looking for please let me know.

carlier remy December 18, 2011

thank you for your answer

I use the OnDemand version

Can I change the version and not to use onDemand

cordially.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2011

OnDemand is a hosted installation - that means it's run for you, on your provider's hardware, and with their settings and limitations.

If you want to use another "version", you will need to find another provider, or host it yourself on your own hardware.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2011

No need to shout ;-)

Go to your profile (click on your name near the top right), and look at the preferences. Click the edit icon, and one of the options will be to change your language.

You don't need a plugin, French is installed as standard.

You can make the default language for all usage French by editing the default user.

sorry, I do not speak English, I did a copy paste from a translation

in the preferences i only have english available

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2011

I was about to scribble more details, but Nik has said everything I was going to.

0 votes
Olivier RUSSIAS March 5, 2012
that's a critical point for us.
So we can not use your hosted instance solution ?
Why is it not available ? that's unbelievable
0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Greetings all -

Language packs are not currently available for Atlassian OnDemand (Hosted) instances.

0 votes
Olivier RUSSIAS March 4, 2012

Hello i have the same request.

So it's not possible to add the french bundle on your hosted solution ?

testalef.atlassian.net

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2011

Add it to what?

i use jira

I do not see how to add the plugin

Suggest an answer