add field on the fly.

ryno anggoro May 4, 2016

i have an issue,  currently i need field cascading more than one, it possible or from out there has add-on for this?

or maybe to add on the fly field.

I need 3 different cascading to show like below when created the issue.

-------------

Prod-1 | Open

Prod-2 | Closed

Prod-3 | Open

I really appreciate for suggestion or feedback.

2 answers

0 votes
ryno anggoro May 9, 2016

Hi Armario,

btw, thank you for your comment,

on-the-fly means, I can add dynamic cascading group on create screen.

example :

I have cascading value :

-a

-b

-c

-------------------

-a

-b

-c

------------------

-a

-b

-c

then on create screen I want to add like below:

2-a

3-a

and on the edit screen i can change like below:

2-b

3-a

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2016

Yes, that's what a cascading select field does, without add-ons.

I'm not sure your description contains any explanation of what you're looking for (unless you are looking for a normal cascading-select list)

Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Sorry Ryno, but I don't understand what you intend to do. Cascading Select custom fields allows you to create a 2-levels hierarchy of values. When you select a value for first level, you are automatically resticting the available values for the second level.

That hierarchy is defined for each custom field and context. The context is defined for issue types and/or project. This way you can define different hierarchies depending on the issue type or the project where the field is used.

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Hi,

Sorry I'm not sure about what you intend to do, but if you want to dynamically add elements into a Cascading Select field using a post-function (maybe this is what you mean by "on the fly"), you can do it using "Add a new option to a Cascading Select" post-function, provided by JIRA Workflow Toolbox add-on.

ryno anggoro July 18, 2016

Hi Armario, from post-function is not what I want.

so it like javascript when you need to add more field on working screen not from post-function,

example : when I created the issue(still on create screen), I can add customField"Country", customField"Town" as one group and I can add as many as I want on screen.

*sorry for my English

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2016

There are no custom fields that support that "add as many as I want".  Your administrators have to define the list of fields that appear on screens before the user uses it.

ryno anggoro July 19, 2016

Hi Nic,

I know as default JIRA not support my required, but what I want to know is, "there is a solution out there to accommodate my required?"

maybe used some script or need create an addon, or maybe not have solution.

Currently I create a 10 field and show only first, and another will trigger by field value.

If a first field has value, the second field will appear. if the second field has a value a third field will appear and so on. but I think is not efficient.

that's why I need help for another solution like "add as many as I want".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2016

Sorry, I should have expanded on "no custom fields".  There are none in the core product, and none that I can find in the marketplace.

You could try the table-grid editor add-on as it's got some related functions, but that's not quite what you're asking for.

ryno anggoro July 19, 2016

Ok I got it.

Thanks Nic for your feedback, I already try table-grid and you are right table-grid doesn't met my requirement.

so I will use a traditional way (creating many fields)

Maya Hocherman September 26, 2018

Hi,

I deal with the same issue.

Did you find a suitable solution?

Thanks

ryno anggoro September 27, 2018

Hi Maya,

From my adventure the one can meet is table grid for my issue.

That can do "on the fly" add/delete column on the table

Regards

Maya Hocherman October 29, 2018

Thanks Ryno

Suggest an answer