add component problem

ali baghaei July 17, 2017

I try to create an issue, this message appears: "Component/s" field is required and the project "TEST" does not have any components.

When i try to add  new component in components, there is no way to add.

What's the problem?

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

Dear Ali,

The message "Component/s field is required" is caused by your Field Configuration scheme. In the Field Configuration Scheme the field ''Component'' Is required.. yet you do not have the field Component on your screens, correct?

How to make a field required or optional

Depending on your team or organization's needs, you may want to make certain fields required to ensure that you're gathering the right information at the right time. Note that all required fields must be added to the Create Issue screen for associated projects and issue types, and that hidden fields cannot be marked as required.

1. Choose > Issues
  2. In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
  3. Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
  4. You will see  next to fields that have already been marked required. Click Optional to remove this requirement. 
  5. To make an optional, visible field required, simply find the field and click Required

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

ali baghaei July 17, 2017

Thanks. But why i can't define component for my project?

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

Dear Ali,

You need to Administer Projects permission to add a component.

Friendly Regards,

J

Suggest an answer