add an additional custom field if a certain component is chosen in the create screen

p.noack@samsung.com March 12, 2019

I was wondering if there is some means of adding a new field to the create screen if a certain component is chosen?  Currently components are mandatory.  Ideally if someone chose the RMA component I would like a Jeditor Template to appear and become a required field on the create screen.

Has anyone tried something like this?  Jeditor looks like an easy solution for the template part of things but maybe scriptrunner would have a more complete solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2019

p.noack@samsung.com 

Do you mean Dynamic Fields?

For example you select a Component the next field displays options related to the component selected.

Let me know if that's what you are trying to achieve.

Best,

Fadoua

p.noack@samsung.com March 12, 2019

Yes that is what I am trying to achieve but the dynamic Field would be a template.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2019
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2019

If satisfied with the help provided please don't forget to Accept my Answer p.noack@samsung.com 🖐

p.noack@samsung.com March 13, 2019

Let me dig into this a bit.  I have this plugin and I am using it.  I have not seen how you can choose a component and then have one of these dynamic forms appear.  Let me Read the docs and see if that is possible.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2019

p.noack@samsung.com  I am using it at work it is working perfect. On the plugin homepage you can see on the left side dynamic fields.

Best,

Fadoua

p.noack@samsung.com March 19, 2019

I checked with the vendor and they do not support a component as being the master cell of dynamic fields.  It is on their roadmap however.

I finally caved and just made a new issue type.  I created a template for the description field using the Jeditor template feature and that seems to be working well now.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2019

p.noack@samsung.com  ok I see you want a whole template vs a custom field.

Best of luck!

Fadoua

Suggest an answer