add a comment if issue is rejected

taher shili July 6, 2017

how can i set comment monsatory if issue is rejected 
when the user reject the issue he must add a comment how can i do it ?

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

I suggest you create a custom field named Reason for Rejection, place it on the transition, and make it required. It will make it easy to display or search on it. You could go further and make it a select list with the acceptable reasons so you can group them together for reports. Using contexts you can vary the select list by issue type or project. 

Rachel Wilson February 6, 2018

Unfortunately- I work for a larger company and I am not an admin so I wont be able to do anything like that. 

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

Hi taher,

in the reject-transition of your workflow, add a validator "Field Required Validator". Then the issue can't be rejected without adding a comment.

taher shili July 6, 2017

i can't find comment field on list

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2017

but it is there:

comment.png

Like Tuarn McInerney likes this

Suggest an answer