activeobjects and/or entities

Deleted user December 1, 2017

When I did backup, it ends up with a zip file, then I can unzip into one folder containing two xml files:

activeobjects,   entities   (different size)

If I restore system from import folder, what should be given to File name, please ? 

1 answer

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

You will have to give the zip file path, not that of the extracted xml files. Put the zip file in the import folder and give its name.

Deleted user December 4, 2017

Thank you, using zip file, yes, will do. 

Deleted user December 4, 2017

what about startupdatabase.xml,  that's to resume the whole system, isn't it ?  I heard from Nic. 

so zip or xml,  but working for restoring ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Not sure what startupdatabase.xml is for. If you import the zip, that restores the entire system

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

It's the file that Jira imports an empty system from when you install it!

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2017

Ah ok. Never paid attention to it!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Took me a long time to notice it, and longer to try importing it on a whim, just to see what it was!  Nice trick for "reset" though.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2017

Indeed. Thanks for the hack. Can be easier than asking someone to drop the schema ;)

Deleted user December 6, 2017

always good to know someone will be there for me. Thank you both ! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events