accidentaly removed shared filters and I can't restore them

Roger Marsal May 9, 2013

I've accidentaly removed the shared filters on Jira. I'm using greenhopper and all my dashbords have been deleted too. I'm using an atlasian hosted jira and I don't understand why that happened.

The filters nanimg is quite unintuitive. The exact difference between quick filters, shared filters and filters isn't clear. It wasn't expectable that by deleting a shared filter I'd got an entire board (with a running sprint on it) deleted. There is no documentation on this topic and it's quite frustrating because when I access the menu where shared filter options could be changed... it's redirecting me to a login page from which I can't log in. It's so confusing.

Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2013

Hi Roger,

The good news is your boards haven't been deleted. If you recreate the filters that were being used an engineer from support.atlassian.com will be able to associate them to the boards that are currently missing filters. There is also an outline of the background of this issue available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Agile+Boards+Unavailable+in+GreenHopper+After+User+or+Filter+Deletion

The behaviour itself has been outlined in an improvement request, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31465, I would recommend voting and watching this issue for a permanent solution.

Cheers,

Paul

0 votes
Anand Sanke July 1, 2013

Hi Roger,

I am also facing the same problem, trying to get back my deleted filter.

I am a jira administrator.

How you solved your problem, can you give some light on this?

Thanks

Anand

0 votes
Roger Marsal May 29, 2013

Hello

The question has been resolved successfully.

Thank you very much

Roger

Anand Sanke July 1, 2013

Hi Roger,

I am also facing the same problem, trying to get back my deleted filter.

I am a jira administrator.

How you solved your problem, can you give some light on this?

Thanks

Anand

Suggest an answer